When you shop at our Perth furniture stores, you can trust our service.
This warranty applies only to furniture used under normal household use and conditions. It does not include normal wear and usage. This warranty is non-transferable.
Normal wear and usage
- Following delivery you may notice slight compression on the padding of your lounge. Straight after delivery and on a regular basis thereafter it is necessary to ensure the padding and cushions return to its initial appearance.
- Softening of padding and cushions will occur over time. This will cause light creasing, wrinkling and slight stretching of the leather which is considered to be normal wear, enhancing the look and feel of leather.
- Softening of seat cushions over time is completely normal and is not considered a defect in any way. Sitting on one particular seat most of the time will cause that seat to soften more than the others. For an even wear alternate your choice of seat regularly.
Limited 5 or 10 Years Warranty (Lounge suite)
Your product is covered under normal use and starting from the date of purchase:
- Top grain leather lounges - 10 years for the internal frame construction; 100% genuine leather lounges – five (5) years for the internal frame construction; combination leather and fabric lounges.
- For a period of two (2) years for the cushioning, stitching, manual and/or electric mechanisms, the suspension system (webbing), exposed wood trim and fabric coverings. After 12 months from date of purchase, this warranty covers only parts and materials necessary for repair and does not cover labour.
- For a period of two (2) years the leather against tearing and splitting.
- The recliner cable and handle is warranted for twelve (12) months, a fee will be charged after the warranty period for repairs or replacement cables and handles.
Exclusions and Exceptions
This warranty does not cover any incidental or consequential damage, including loss of time, usage or money. In no event shall the responsibility of New Idea Furniture exceed the purchase price of the product or its replacement.
If identical materials are not available at the time of repair, New Idea Furniture reserves the right to substitute materials of equal quality and value.
This warranty specifically excludes claims for:
- Wrinkling or natural makings to the skin, variations in grain, or colour resulting from the natural creases of the leather. These are proof that only genuine leather has been used;
- cracking or peeling of the leather;
- damage caused by burns, cuts, animals, or other forms of abuse;
- damage due to improper cleaning abuse and negligence (refer to product care booklet for details);
- commercial, contract, rental trade, institutional or other non-residential use;
- damage resulting from exposure of the leather to direct sunlight, extreme heat, bright lights or similar conditions and, any resulting discoloration;
- damage by corrosive materials, such as acids or solvents, or dyes, inks, paints, human or animal bodily fluids;
- damage incurred during the handling and transportation of the product;
- floor samples sales or sales made of “as is” basis;
- furniture previously repaired other than New Idea Furniture will void the warranty;
- this warranty does not cover packaging or transportation costs to and from the manufacturer, retailer or other repair point as determined by New Idea Furniture
All other furniture (e.g. Wall units, dining suites etc.) unless specified are warranted for 12 months.